LOADED BAKED POTATO SALAD

Advertisements




One 5 pound bag medium Russet Potatoes
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 package of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 small onion, chopped
Chives, to taste
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

How to make it :

Wash the potatoes and poke holes in them with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until fork tender.
Cool and cut the potatoes into bite sized chunks.  I put them in a separate bowl and once they cooled enough I put them in the fridge to cool all the way. This gives them an excellent texture and prevents the dairy ingredients from getting hot or the cheese from melting. If you are serving this salad hot then you don’t need to cool the potatoes, just skip that step!
Mix the mayo and sour cream together in a bowl. Add to the potatoes, then add the onions, chives,  and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste – I use a pepper grinder and a sea salt grinder for EVERYTHING so I never know exactly how much of either I put in. I think the taste is far superior to just using regular table salt and pepper.
Top with extra shredded cheese, bacon, and chives, and serve!
This is a simple and inexpensive side dish for any meal but especially great to take to a barbecue. My favorite part is that this is one of the regular ole recipes that anyone would make without realizing that it happens to be gluten free naturally. Those are my favorite! No special ingredients or expensive grocery stores, just regular food that I can eat along with everybody else. And it’s delish!
Previous article Previous Post
 

Ad Blocker Detected

please understand that without advertising this website wouldn't be here. We serve responsible ads and ask that you disable your ad blocker while visiting. Thank you for your support??